I know what you’re thinking and yes, this is yet another blog about making extra income from home. There are thousands out there! Fortunately for you, I have read those blogs and tried a great number of them to bring you the best. Whether you’re a student, stay at home parent or even employed, here are 6 tried and true ways to make money online… without feeling like you’re wasting your time.
1. ProOpinion | This is the most legit survey site that I have ever come across, and I really feel as if I’ve tried them all. If you spend only 1 hour a day completing surveys, you’ll make around $10. That is $70 extra dollars a week. It’s so easy, you can sit on the couch and watch TV while doing it (or use it as a time waster while you’re waiting for the kids to go down for a nap, like I do.) ProOpinion pays through Paypal or Amazon gift cards.
2. Rev | Rev is a company that hires people to listen to audio files and type what they hear into a transcript. Examples of the audio include police reports, court hearings and interviews. You need to pass an assessment test to prove you can follow their guidelines and that you are proficient in English. After that you are paid per audio minute. Example: A 56 minute audio at $1 per audio minute is $56. This job takes a lot of patience and focus, but you can really make decent money from this.
3. Ebates | I am addicted to shopping online. 9 times out of 10, I would rather buy something online than brave the store with my two (lovely) little monsters. And with Ebates, I get rewarded for doing it! Not only do you get cash back for your purchases from sites like Amazon, Macy’s and Walmart… You are also offered exclusive offers and coupons to use as well. Hello, big savings! Another site you can use in addition to this is Swagbucks.
4. Erlibird | Erlibird is a website that runs focus groups for companies looking for feedback on their apps, websites and products. You are matched with studies according to your demographics. They are easy to complete and don’t take long at all. I have completed quite a few since signing up 6 months ago, but you may get more or less based on the information you give.
5. Amazon Associates | Who doesn’t love to shop through Amazon? It’s like the Mothership (aka Target)…but online. You can also earn money anytime someone clicks on your special link and makes a purchase. You won’t bring in a lot of money if you just enlist the help of your Facebook friends, but there is potential if you start a blog and link to your favorite products. And the person doesn’t have to buy the specific product you listed, you will make money on any purchase they make!
6. Craigslist/Facebook | This is my favorite way to make money because you can do it two ways. You can either sell the things yo already own and don’t want anymore or you can accept small gigs. For example, I am a graphic design major and a blogger. I search for people who need help creating/designing logos or flyers for their businesses and people who need things written. Other small gigs could include babysitting, cleaning, being part of the staff at an event, sending out emails, and doing research. Craigslist is pretty straightforward in finding gigs, but you will need to join some buy/sell/trade groups and groups in your community to find them on Facebook.
Do you know of any other great sites to earn a side income from home? Let me know in the comments below!